Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Boxing Day

Another Christmas comes and goes which means another year that my poor husband is disappointed with his own children....The 3 of them made no effort to get in contact with him for the day nor have they replied to him about coming here for lunch today....He is so terribly upset....Yesterday as we were only around the corner from one of his daughters place, we decided to drop all the grandkids presents there...I sent a text message to all of them and still haven`t heard a thing....
I hate seeing my hubby so upset because of his girls, it breaks my heart and then the anger sets in but I try my hardest to bite my tongue....Hard for me to do but I do it under duress for my hubbies sake....
Then my middle son Joshua drops a bombshell on me Christmas Eve saying that he will be going away with his father on Christmas night for two weeks....I wasn`t upset because he was going away, I was upset because I had organised a family get together this night....
Well you can imagine my frustration and I stormed out of the house in tears.....I`m very sentimental when it comes to Christmas Day .....
My daughter followed me out the house and she calmed me down....My son rang his father and told him he would have to make it today....So everything worked out in the end....
An overall summary of the day, it was enjoyable...Beautifully cooked lunch made by Matts brother, home to a nice tea and a few relaxing drinks...
Now to get ready for the big shopping spree which starts at 12:01am tomorrow or tonight....lol
Then and maybe then I can actually start to relax and enjoy the school holidays with my youngest son......
Happy Boxing Day everyone.....

4 comments:

  1. hi Mandy, sounds like you had a very nice day except for Matt's daughters that is. it's very sad when kids are so unthinking and selfish. my friend is having trouble with her 22 year old son who sleeps at home all day and drinks all night. she worries about him so and he's an only child. she was going to leave her husband and unhappy marriage years ago but stayed for the son's sake. very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran kids just don`t think....They don`t care about anyone elses feelings these days...All for what they can get out of life and bugger the consequences....

    i`m afraid if my 22 year old was doing that i`d show him the front door...Let him fend for himself....Then lets see if he can afford to sleep all day and drink all night....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening again Mandy.LOL Following you around today. It must be almost time for me to go to bed.
    Pleased to hear that Joshua was able to reorganise himself and show consideration for you and the family. Seems all's well that ends well.
    Grandson Jascha made the decision to be at his Mums for his birthday on 22nd. When I spoke to him she had not even acknowledged his birthday. He was crying when I called. He said 'Nana, it is supposed to be a celebration'.
    Of course I rang his father bawling...
    She may have given birth to him but she is not a mother.
    Think it can be very difficult out there trying to negotiate the maze of thoughts and feelings.
    Hope Matt is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel sorry for Matt. He is lucky he has you who care so much. Hope things improve in the new year.

    ReplyDelete