Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A day I would rather forget

A bad, bad day and it didn`t end until 10pm tonight....
After I got Daniel off to school my mobile phone rings...
It`s hubby letting me know Josh`s g/f arrived on our door step unannounced....
Rule number one in this house is that no one is allowed in the house when i`m not home.....
So I ring the boy and remind him of Rule number 1 and that she needs to go home....
Then I get to the bank and my money hasn`t gone in....
Just wonderful.....
So I took out what I had and got a few important things done like new shoes for Daniel and a couple of other things....
Mainly got window shopping done so that come tomorrow i`ll go straight to where I need to and hopefully get the job done quickly....
Arrive home only to find g/f was still there.....
Grrrrrrrrrrrr
Big talk with son tonight....
Then to top my day off Daniel decided to sneak out from the backyard and go walkabouts AGAIN....
Found out where he was by ringing around and he was told to get his little backside home as it was 8pm......
Well he chose not too.....
Bad choice by his part....
When he eventually did get home after we drove the streets yet again he copped it big time....
His father this time actually smacked him and grounded him....
2 weeks of not going anywhere or seeing anyone and no swimming pool...
His favourite all time thing he likes to do.....
It was the last straw with the smacking .....
My husband has never done it as he is the softie out of us two but Daniel isn`t listening to reasoning anymore.....
The worst part is because of hubbies health he now has suffered a seizure.
A bad one too.....
I am really lost as to what to do with this child of ours....

7 comments:

  1. Morning Mandy,
    Can see that you were up late last night doing this Post.
    You have been in my thoughts this morning. What a dreadful day for you!Do hope Matt is doing OK.
    Please let me get together with your children?
    Enjoy your day of shopping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy
    hope things improve radically from here on. Hard to know what to do about the boy.

    "Tough love" seems to be the flavour of the month here in Darwin, with a couple of fathers making the headlines for what would have been pretty ordinary parental discipline when I was a kid. So stay strong. Difficult though with Hubby being ill, things are better for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chez....The last few nights have been too late....Not much sleep last night either and believe it I have now got my second wind....lol
    The kids do have their moments...Hopefully it will all pass soon enough.....Fingers, legs and anything else I can cross....hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tazar....
    Scary when you can`t even discipline your own kids and then people wonder why the younger generation run amok....I don`t want that with my boy NO WAY....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel your frustration Mandy, hang in there girl!

    Sometimes things can just seem hopeless, but there will always be a way forward - stick to your guns.

    Hoping for easier times for all your family soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Cindy....
    I think everything has caught up with me in one foul hit....
    I`m zapped of any energy now....Such a big build up to Christmas and having this happen certainly takes its toll on you....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tough times Mandy but stick to your guns things will settle down soon and you will be glad you did.

    ReplyDelete