Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Being guinea pigs

I`ve felt like one of these withces this past week, concocting all sorts of potions and brews...
You see my darling daughter felt as she doesn`t it enough meat, she may as well cut it all out and turn VEGAN....
Wonderful....
I don`t know the first thing about vegetarian cooking....
I asked her to find a heap of recipes for me from the net which she did without hesitation...
Then it was time to hit the shops to get what was needed...
My god
How expensive is it
It`s a nightmare some of the prices....
I think we`ll be starting out slowly...
Anyway i`ve cooked up a couple of meals for her and did some for the rest of the family...
Day 1 went down ok...
Made some vegie patties and everyone thought they were nice...
Naturally the boys had meat on the side...lol...
Fried rice the following night...
My kids love fried rice and they didn`t miss the meat...
Lastnights effort was a disaster...
Hubby says the patties tasted like sawdust...
My youngest covered his in tomato sauce
and my other son , well he ate them without too much conversation but then went for the leftovers from the other night which was
MEAT!!!!!....lol
I think daughter will be going it alone for the majority of meals...
The men in this house like their meat too much....
Certainly has been interesting and funny...
Mainly to watch the looks on their faces when it comes to trying something new....
Absolutely priceless.....

5 comments:

  1. hiya, two girls at work are vegan. absolutely no animal products and you wouldn't believe what actually has animal products in them. amazing. vegetarian is much better. personally i think we should eat fish. give up every other kind of meat but fish is good for you. i've been vegetarian before. not too hard and delicious food. there used to be a lovely restaurant in the city called sunshine's. wonderful. we used to go to the hari krisna's sunday night feast at the hari kristna temple thingy. great food. all vegetarian. some vegetarian has a lot of fat. indian uses a lot of ghee. all delicious. good luck with it. there's heaps of sites you can go to for ideas on recipes. <3 bbfn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy,
    Good on your daughter following her conscience....and you making the effort for your child

    Kind regards,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! Same thing happened to me. Youngest turned vegetarian, but luckily she had left home and I only have to worry if she comes to visit. Lentils are a good substitute for meat.
    have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done Mandy for helping her along..I can just imagine the faces on the boys!!LOL..won't kill them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Many,
    Oh dear I can't imagine not having meat to eat.
    Each to his own and you are a good mum to cook for your daughter who is not eating meat.
    Take care,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete