Sunday, August 8, 2010

A chance to blog (shock)..:)

I`ve found my way back here again..Time sure does pass you by!!!!
So much has been going on with my life of late there never seems to be enough hours in a day....
Now for a quick update since my last post....
The move went very smoothly....Very little in the breakage department and I had the house how I wanted it within a week...Inside that is, outside well that is still a work in progress....The weather hasn`t been very helpful in that department as it`s been bitterly cold and wet....But overall it is slowly coming together...
And ofcourse a new house meant new furniture..NATURALLY!!!!!
You know me, any excuse to hit the shops and I had a ball....:)
............................................................................................................................................
On to other news now....
I BECAME A GRANDPARENT IN THE MIDDLE OF jULY :)
A beautiful baby girl Isobella Grace....As much as it saddened me that my son had started a family so young he has made me proud as he is such a devoted father to my little grand baby....He is a changed young man and so grown up now in his attitude to family and what it means.....
They are very blessed to have such a beautiful baby who at this stage is so placid....She is a very good baby and yes i`ve put my hand up for baby sitting duties...lol
..............................................................................................................
And last but by no means least my great grandmother celebrated her 102nd birthday just last week....
Age is finally (and I say this with tongue in cheek) caught up with her....
A few months ago it was best decided that she now live in a nursing home as she was finding things a little difficult to manage on her own.....
She is so amazing though....At 100 years of age she was still getting out and about and loved to work in her garden....
I love her so much and she is an inspiration in my life....

6 comments:

  1. Isobella Grace? Wow, my favourite aunt was Grace Isobella! She looks beautiful Mandy, I hope all the family remain happy and well. You will be the best fun nanna or grandma (what are you being called?) anyway, the best around!
    Happy Joyful Days for you all, xoxox Starry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Starry....I`ve decided on uma mainly because there are so many nana`s already...This way I won`t and she won`t get confused...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home Mandy.
    Isobella Grace is beautiful and I love the name. So. Your boy has grown up? I am so happy for you all.
    Love the 'new' look page as well.
    Starry is right. You will be a fun UMA. Lots of laughs ahead xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you here again Uma. You must be ver proud of such a good little grand daughter. She is so tiny. I'm glad your son has matured and is being a good dad.Your Grandma is amazing, looks like you have got some good genes there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mandy
    great to see you back here! And congratulations on becoming a Grandmother, good to hear the boy has stepped up to his responsibility. Isobella Grace is such a beautiful name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found time to blog? Is the new house sorted then? (he asks, knowing the answer quite well) LOL
    You have to take time for yourself now and then, eh Mandy.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete