Saturday, August 28, 2010

I`m on a roll

My 18 year old daughter has had her L plates for nearly on a year now so she thought that she should start to get serious about learning to drive.."worst luck for me"
After much deliberation we came to a agreement to save my sanity that she go through a reputable driving school and let their drivers teach her the correct procedures, plus i`ll save money on hair dyes...:)
So far so good...5 lessons down and she is gaining confidence..
Now she wants me to start taking her out again, there goes my confidence.....
I have no doubt that she is a very good driver BUT!!!!!!...
On a different note I have been on a diet for well over 3 months now and surprisingly I am doing well...
Life in general was getting me down before we made the move to the new house and honestly I had let myself go....
I had to do something before all was lost....3 months on , two dress sizes smaller and nearly 20 kilos lighter i`m feeling pretty damn good...
Now I have more energy and a very positive attitude on life, I am starting to see more positives and when i`m happy we have a happy family....
All I need now is for the weather to warm up...
It`s been a bitterly cold and wet winter this year....
Plenty of rain for the little bit of garden I have managed to get going in between rain and hail...
Thankfully the next few days will be pleasant which means one thing for me, outside pulling weeds and visiting my favourite store Bunnings...
I really should have shares with that store...:)

6 comments:

  1. That is great news about you losing weight I wish I could lose some but my problem is lack of willpower and those idiots who say you don't need willpower don't know me.

    I have taught about 6 people how to drive and some of those where terrible when they started but all managed to pass their tests in the end. I did make my eldest daughter go through a driving school for 8 lessons before I would take her as she was a shocking driver. I really felt like I was taking my life in my hands when I got in a car with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good then Mandy... I've got three daughters and didnt teach any of them to drive. Let the paid pros do the work, they have insurance for it...and I dont care if they get killed..LOL
    Glad it's going so well for you, I was wondering how the new garden was going since your last one was so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy.. so there will be no more chocolate for you?
    It is wonderful to read your 'good news' post.
    Well done girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done. weight loss is not easy. keep up the good work. spring is indeed time to take stock and make positive changes. as for the driving lessons, better you than me. i have horrible memories. weather should get better soon and gardening is on the menu. :) glad you posted again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its scary teaching kids to drive. Well done on your weight loss. I need to lose what I put on on holidays with three course meals every day.

    ReplyDelete